Every 4th of July, since I can remember, my family has done a barbeque with the whole extended family on my Dad's side. It's a day full of fun games, crazy people, and delicious food! And this year did not disappoint!
When my cousin and his adorable wife placed these delicious, Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers on the pot luck table, the whole tray was gone in a matter of minutes!!
Who could withstand the crunchy bacon, garlic and lime cream cheese, and spicy, fresh jalapeno?! And the fact that they are baked and not fried makes them a healthier alternative to regular jalapeno poppers!
Are you excited yet? You should be! Because once you realize how easy the recipe is you'll want to make them for every potluck (or chill at home snack) you go to!!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
1 - 1 1/2 Cream Cheese (8 oz)- room temperature
2 cloves of garlic- minced
juice of 1/2 lime
15 jalapenos-halved and seeded
15 pieces bacon (cut in half)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl mix first three ingredients well.
3. Spoon cream cheese mixture into jalapeno halves.
4. Wrap bacon around stuffed jalapenos and secure with a tooth pick.
5. Place on cookie sheet then bake on middle rack for 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes broil poppers on high for 5 minutes (leave cookie sheet on middle rack).
Ta-Da!! They are done!! And so, so, write-home-to-yo-mama good!
So now your all set for next time you need to impress all your friends (or crazy extended family ;)). Don't worry, I got your back.